Shadow Catchers Around the World, Join Us!

Saturday, August 22, 2015

in the morning shadows...


kookaburra in a tree in my garden...


waking 
such sweet sorrow when
tuned with laughter


Welcome to the shadows of Shadow Shot Sunday!
Your hosts are:

Magical Mystical Teacher
Chubskulit Rose
Gemma Wiseman


NOTE
** Please just link to your SSS2 post and not your whole blog.
** Please include a link to SSS2 in your post so other participants may be viewed
+
so we can clearly see that your post is about shadows.

** Please avoid LONG links. They upset the blog layout.
Just use your name.

As these notes have appeared for some time,
posts without shadows and
long post titles
will now be deleted.

** Please visit others.

May the sunlight and shadows always be with you!

16 comments:

Ralph said...

You have to smile at such a cool bird, with no doubt a laugh that is disarming indeed!

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

I am totally enraptured by those birds! And to have them visit you in your backyard. Nice 'catch'!

colleen said...

The song is now playing in my head. Laugh kookaburra, laugh ... how gay your life must be.

Mascha said...

A wonderful photo!
Thanks for hosting

Nonnie said...

oh, thanks, now the song I learned in Girl Scouts many decades ago is in my head! just teasing- I don't think I've seen a picture of the kookaburra before. do they really sit in gum trees? Did this song originate in Australia? Here's the first verse:
Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree,
Merry merry king of the bush is he.
Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh, Kookaburra,
Gay your life must be!

DougVernX said...

Wow my shadow shot this week is animal based too! Great shot. :)

Kathe W. said...

great photo! Have a lovely day!

abrianna said...

That is a wonderful close up of the bird.

Angie said...

Makes one feel happy just to see this amazing bird! Nice shot.

Gattina said...

I discovered a kookaburra for the first time on an Australian blog ! I fell in love with this bird ! I wished I had one here in my garden !

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Kookaburra's are gorgeous birds - I love their laughter!
We see the odd one from time to time in New Zealand - a long flight for a little bird!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

One of the cutest birds I have ever seen...lucky YOU!!...:)JP

photodoug said...

Koo-koo-ka-choo, Mrs. Robinson. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Beautiful shot of a handsome bird.

Sara Chapman said...

Oh, what a pretty picture! Love the subject and the delicious light.

NatureFootstep said...

a bird I still miss from my trip to Queensland a year ago :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...